Petzl Ascension Jumar
The benchmark for handled ascenders has been refined to provide greater comfort, efficiency and ease of use. The ergonomically shaped grip is re moulded with rubber for greater friction and the broader surface provides greater comfort while pulling on the ascender.
The grip is wider at the bottom providing better comfort for your hand during use. The index finger indent has also been increased offering greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The trigger to open/close the cam is now recessed inside the frame to avoid accidentally opening the cam while in use.
The cam has been redesigned to minimise friction when sliding the ascender along the rope while the angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions (wet, icy, or on muddy ropes). The geometry of the single piece aluminium frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded and will maintain solid, comfortable performance even after thousands of meters of jugging.
- Weight: 165g
- Rope compatibility: 8 - 13mm
- New moulded grip provides even greater comfort with a more ergonomically shaped handle. This new shape keeps your hand from sliding to the bottom of the frame each time you pull on the ASCENSION. The bi-material handle includes a rubber over moulded grip increasing the comfort and your grip in wet or icy conditions.
- New chrome plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions. The cam has been refined to increase the efficiency in which the ascender glides on the rope. The wear area has been moved lower on the cams surface to increase its durability. The cam engages without losing a millimeter each time it is weighted and glides smoothly up a rope with a minimal of effort which will be truly appreciated after the first 300 meters of jugging.
- The trigger is now recessed into the frame guarding it when ascending lower angled sections while maintaining the ability to open/close the cam with only one hand
- Mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self-belaying, haul systems, etc)
- Anodized frames are colour coded for easy identification (black -left / gray -right)
- Safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far thus keeping the rope captured for added safety
- 1 cm secondary hole at the bottom will accommodate a screw link for attaching aiders, slings, etc.
- 3 year guarantee
- Made in France
Activities Aid Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Expedition, Mountaineering Weight 165g Brand Petzl Gender Unisex CE Rated Yes UIAA Rated Yes Material Aluminium / Steel Max. Rope Diameter (mm) 13 Min. Rope Diameter (mm) 8
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us. Please note that our postal services are dealing with unprecedented numbers of orders just now; there may be a short delay in your order's arrival but will will get it to you as soon as possible.
Click and Collect
At checkout, please let us know you'd like to collect your order from our Hathersage store, either in the Comments box on the order page or by emailing us at [email protected], quoting your order number. Click and Collect items are available to pick up Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays), one working day after your order is confirmed.
When your item is ready to collect, you will receive a confirmation email; please either bring a print out of this or show us the email on your phone. You will also need to bring a form of ID which shows the billing address for your order.
Please collect from the back door at the end of Outside's customer car park:
Online Only Range
“Online only” products are not available for immediate despatch but you will still normally receive these items within 5-7 days of placing an order. If there are likely to be any further delays we will of course be in touch. These products cannot be purchased in our store.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
International service suspended
Unfortunately international orders are temporarily suspended due to the impacts of Coronavirus and Brexit related regulations. We are working to restore normal service when we can - please email [email protected] if you would like an update when we resume international services. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review