If it’s not too far gone, then someone might well want to buy a preloved jacket or fleece. We’ll clean it up and resell it from the Outside Shop in Hathersage at a discounted rate.
- Outside will retain 50% of the profit from each sale, to cover our overheads.
- The remaining profit on the sale will be split – half to social causes, and half to environmental projects such as Moors for the Future.
If we can’t resell your preloved gear, it could still provide warmth and protection for someone who needs it. We’ll clean it up as much as possible and offer it to one of several charities including:
- The Archer Project - who help homeless and vulnerable people in Sheffield
- Care for Calais - who help vulnerable refugees with food and equipment
- A Place to Call Home - an early intervention service aimed at preventing youth homelessness
- The Refugee Council - who help refugees and asylum seekers in the UK
When your gear is truly tired and needs to be disposed of in a responsible way, we can help. We will send it on to our brand partners La Sportiva, who are working with https://www.soex.de/ to reuse and recycle materials from outdoor products, getting it back into the production line and closing the loop.