Petzl Reverso Belay Device
The fifth generation Reverso is a lightweight, multi-purpose belay/abseil device, which delivers superbly using one rope or two, from the thinnest on the market right up to a chunky 10.5mm. In Reverso (or guide) mode, one or two seconds can be safely belayed, and the old problem of the device locking under load has been solved simply and effectively.
The aluminium body means that the device weighs in at only 57g, and although this may have an effect on durability, Petzl do guarantee the device for three years. Optimum performance can be guaranteed using a karabiner with a broad circular radius for smooth rope management.
- Weight: 57g
- Ultra-light design with hot-forged aluminium
- Can belay the leader, one or two seconds and can be used for abseiling.
- Independent and simultaneous belaying of two seconds in Reverso mode
- Multi-pitch lead swapping (team of 2), offers a quick transition from Reverso mode to belaying the leader
- Rope compatibility
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 10.5 mm (11mm possible, depending on the rope's suppleness)
- compatible with dynamic half ropes 7.1 to 9.2 mm
- compatible with dynamic twin ropes 6.9 to 9.2 mm
- V-shaped friction channels:
- give greater braking power on thin ropes
- adapt the braking power on larger diameter ropes
- increase the braking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
- The asymmetric side grooves:
- increase the braking power for leader or top-rope falls, or while abseiling.
- improve rope glide through device when taking up slack
- Hole for releasing the device under load: allows a loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a karabiner
- Rope friendly, facilitates rope manoeuvres and abseiling:
- will not twist the ropes regardless of the mode used
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and abseiling on two ropes
- Intuitive use:
- Reverso mode aluminium attachment hole is easy to identify
- keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces risk of losing the device
- usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Certification(s): UIAA
- Use with symmetrical locking karabiners such as the Wild Country Ascent or Petzl OK to maximise efficiency
Activities Climbing, Ultralight Weight 59g Brand Petzl CE Rated Yes UIAA Rated Yes Max. Rope Diameter (mm) 10.5 Min. Rope Diameter (mm) 8.5 Guide Mode Yes
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us. Please note that our postal services are dealing with unprecedented numbers of orders just now; there may be a short delay in your order's arrival but will will get it to you as soon as possible.
Click and Collect
At checkout, please let us know you'd like to collect your order from our Hathersage store, either in the Comments box on the order page or by emailing us at [email protected], quoting your order number. Click and Collect items are available to pick up Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays), one working day after your order is confirmed.
When your item is ready to collect, you will receive a confirmation email; please either bring a print out of this or show us the email on your phone. You will also need to bring a form of ID which shows the billing address for your order.
Please collect from the back door at the end of Outside's customer car park:
Online Only Range
“Online only” products are not available for immediate despatch but you will still normally receive these items within 5-7 days of placing an order. If there are likely to be any further delays we will of course be in touch. These products cannot be purchased in our store.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
Tuesday 22nd December - International service suspended
International orders are temporarily suspended due to the impacts of Coronavirus and Brexit related regulations. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible - please email [email protected] if you would like an update when we resume international services.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review