Petzl GRIGRI+ Assisted Braking Belay Device
Bringing new levels of safety to your belaying is the Petzl GRIGRI+ Assisted Braking Belay Device. It operates exactly as a normal GRIGRI with cam assisted blocking so it's suitable for all climbers; but now comes with an 'anti-panic handle', making it particularly suitable for learners.
- Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Belay device with cam-assisted blocking, designed for the gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are accomplished using standard belay techniques, always keeping a hand on the brake side of the rope
- easier belaying, thanks to its cam-assisted blocking: when the climber falls or is at rest, the rope tightens, making the cam pivot to pinch and block the rope
- cam-assisted blocking offers leeway for the brake-side hand position, regardless of the angle between the climber side and brake side of the ropes
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- easily controlled and progressive rope feed provides smooth and comfortable descent
- 3:1 mechanical advantage of the handled camming mechanism helps control rope feed on small-diameter ropes and requires less effort on the handle for large-diameter ropes
- Particularly suitable for learners and for intensive use:
- anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function engages
- the lockable selector knob allows you to choose either top-rope or lead belay mode. The top-rope belay mode facilitates taking in slack and makes for a more comfortable belay
- compatible with all 8.5 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes and optimized for those 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- great durability for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Material(s): aluminium side plates, stainless steel friction plate, cam and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Activities Aid Climbing, Climbing, Dry-Tooling, Sport Climbing, Trad Climbing Weight 200g Brand Petzl Gender Unisex CE Rated Yes UIAA Rated Yes Material Stainless steel friction plate and wear plate Guide Mode Yes
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us.
Click and Collect
At checkout, please let us know you'd like to collect your order from our Hathersage store, either in the Comments box on the order page or by emailing us at [email protected], quoting your order number. Click and Collect items are available to pick up Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays), one working day after your order is confirmed.
When your item is ready to collect, you will receive a confirmation email; please either bring a print out of this or show us the email on your phone. You will also need to bring a form of ID which shows the billing address for your order.
Please collect from the back door at the end of Outside's customer car park:
Online Only Range
“Online only” products are not available for immediate despatch but you will still normally receive these items within 5-7 days of placing an order. If there are likely to be any further delays we will of course be in touch. These products cannot be purchased in our store.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
There may be delays to international deliveries due to the Coronoavirus crisis. Please see our update here for further information: Outside Update
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to European countries will cost £9.95.
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to other international destinations will cost £11.95.
Orders over 2kgs or bulky orders may be more expensive to post - we will contact you before we process your order if this is the case. The majority of our International orders are sent with Royal Mail's International Signed or Tracked services, which will then be passed to the postal service of your country for onward delivery.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review