Petzl GRIGRI 2 Belay Device
The GRIGRI 2 is the benchmark assisted braking belay device, lighter and more compact that the original GRIGRI without sacrificing any functionality. Superb for sport climbing and wall use where the assisted braking takes the strain off your belayer when hanging on the rope, it also has applications anywhere that a single rope is in use.
Designed to be used in the same way as a conventional belay device with one hand always on the dead end of the rope, the Grigri 2's assisted braking makes it much easier to hold a lead fall. It also makes it less tiring to hold a climber who is hanging on the rope. For this reason the Grigri 2 is very popular with sport climbers the world over.
The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (ideal at 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- 25% smaller and 20% lighter than the original Grigri
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Featured in Climbing magazine's Gear Hall of Fame
- 3 year guarantee
- Made in France
Activities Aid Climbing, Climbing, Sport Climbing Weight 170g Brand Petzl Max. Rope Diameter (mm) 11 Min. Rope Diameter (mm) 8.9 Guide Mode Yes
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to European countries will cost £9.95.
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to other international destinations will cost £11.95.
Orders over 2kgs or bulky orders may be more expensive to post - we will contact you before we process your order if this is the case. The majority of our International orders are sent with Royal Mail's International Signed or Tracked services, which will then be passed to the postal service of your country for onward delivery.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review