Petzl Dart Crampons
The Dart is the crampon for extreme mixed and ice climbing. The mono-point is designed to displace less ice and make for precise placements on micro-edges. The third row of points are angled towards the rear for hooking in steep terrain or around ice columns.
Because the whole, front, orange section of the crampon is one piece there is less to potentially go wrong. When the front point has been worn down and re sharpened so many times that it is no longer any use the entire front section of the crampon can be replaced. This is an Outside Rock Room staff favourite - simple, few parts to go wrong, easily replaceable when worn and climbs really well.
The Dart is supplied with the standard M linking bar (EU 34 - 44), however the Barrettes L linking bar which is larger (EU 41 - 50) can be purchased separately.
- Weight: 745g
- LEVERLOCK FIL binding: system for all technical mountaineering and ice climbing boots with front and rear welts
- Horizontal structure places the foot as close to the ice as possible: increased sensitivity, more precise placements
- Toe bail wire has two positions for perfect fit on all sole thicknesses and can be adjusted to fit technical boots with asymmetrical shapes
- The length of the points is designed for maximum stability without having to high-step
- Sharp points for great purchase in ice
- Forged front point is toothed for precise placements
- Two points angled forward to reinforce purchase and give support when front-pointing
- Two points are toothed and inclined backwards for back stepping or using instep or outer foot
- Four teeth for stability when descending while facing downhill
- Lateral points for purchase while traversing
- Front section can be replaced if the front point is worn
- Made in France
Activities Ice Climbing, Mixed Climbing Brand Petzl Gender Unisex Winter Terrain Technical Ice, Mixed/Dry Tooling
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order. Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to European countries will cost £9.95.
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to other international destinations will cost £11.95.
Orders over 2kgs or bulky orders may be more expensive to post - we will contact you before we process your order if this is the case. The majority of our International orders are sent with Royal Mail's International Signed or Tracked services, which will then be passed to the postal service of your country for onward delivery.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review