Tilley T4MO-1 Hiker's Hat
When the sun is beating down you can bring your own shade on the trail with the broad brimmed, lightweight Tilley Hiker's Hat. Designed with an evaporative cooling insert, to help relieve heat stress during treks, it's rated UPF 50 and treated for water repellency so you'll be prepared for all conditions. A rear brim loops provides secure storage when you aren't using it and even if you do drop it in the river it'll float!
- Weight: 108g
- Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+
- An abundance of shade - broad brim protects from both sun & rain
- Keeping cool - the HyperKewl™ Evaporative cooling insert absorbs & slowly releases water through evaporation to help ‘super charge’ the body’s natural cooling process
- Pocket in crown holds the insert and is made with mesh to help increase airflow for maximum evaporation
- Guaranteed for life 3/4" mesh insert around the top provides extra ventilation
- Front & back wind cords system secures hat in gusty conditions
- Water-repellent finish keeps off the rain
- Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
- A rear brim loop provides a place to securely clip your Hat in place when not in use
- Brim size: Front & back: 3 1/2”; Sides: 2 1/2”
- Hat: 98% organic cotton; 2% spandex - lightweight, breathable, sueded for a soft touch & with some give for a comfort fit
- HyperKewl™ Evaporative Insert: 100% polyester mesh on the outside; interior is 53% polymer fibres; 47% cellulose fibres
- HowtouseyourHyperKewl™Evaporative Insert:
- Soak the insert in cold water for up to 5 minutes – insert into the hat. The airflow through the mesh panel will start the evaporative cooling process. The cooling insert is expected to provide temperatures that are approx. 10 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than ambient temperature, depending on airflow. It will not feel like an air-conditioner on your head – it will super charge the natural evaporation process to help you feel comfortable on the trail. High humidity will diminish the fabric’s ability to evaporate water.
- Care: Remove HyperKewl™ insert before washing hat. Machine wash hat in cool water, delicate cycle or hand wash; Reshape & air-dry.
Material 98% organic cotton, 2% spandex with evaoporative insert (polyester/cellulose fibres) Weight 108g Brand Tilley Colour Grey Gender Unisex
- Size Guide
Inches CM Tilley Size 22" 56 cm 7 Small 22 ⅜" 57 cm 7 ⅛ Medium 22 ¾" 58 cm 7 ¼ 23 ⅛" 59 cm 7 ⅜ Large 23 ½" 60 cm 7 ½ 23 ⅞" 61 cm 7 ⅝ X Large 24 ¼" 61.5 cm 7 ¾ 24 ⅝" 62.5 cm 7 ⅞ XX Large
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us. Please note that our postal services are dealing with unprecedented numbers of orders just now; there may be a short delay in your order's arrival but will will get it to you as soon as possible.
Click and Collect
At checkout, please let us know you'd like to collect your order from our Hathersage store, either in the Comments box on the order page or by emailing us at [email protected], quoting your order number. Click and Collect items are available to pick up Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays), one working day after your order is confirmed.
When your item is ready to collect, you will receive a confirmation email; please either bring a print out of this or show us the email on your phone. You will also need to bring a form of ID which shows the billing address for your order.
Please collect from the back door at the end of Outside's customer car park:
Online Only Range
“Online only” products are not available for immediate despatch but you will still normally receive these items within 5-7 days of placing an order. If there are likely to be any further delays we will of course be in touch. These products cannot be purchased in our store.
Next Day Delivery - £5.95
Orders placed BEFORE 2pm Mon-Fri will be despatched the same day, usually with Parcelforce (requiring a signature). Any Next Day orders received after this time will be despatched the following working day. Please note any orders placed AFTER 2 PM on Thursdays will be despatched on Friday, but not delivered until the following week. Next Day isn't possible on Bank Holidays. If you have a mobile number on your account you will receive SMS notifications regarding delivery (UK mainland deliveries only).
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
Tuesday 22nd December - International service suspended
International orders are temporarily suspended due to the impacts of Coronavirus and Brexit related regulations. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible - please email [email protected] if you would like an update when we resume international services.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review