Montane Ground Control Insulated Belay Jacket - Men's
The Ground Control Jacket from Montane is a warm belay jacket stuffed with PrimaLoft® Silver Thermoplume Insulation - a synthetic down-like material that dries very quickly and keeps you warm in the wet . Warmth-wise it's equivalent to 550 fill power down. As the name suggests, the Montane Ground Control Jacket is designed for belaying in, with a 2-way front zip and fully adjustable over-helmet hood.
- Weight 646g (size M)
- Warm, packable and exceptionally fast drying down-mimicking Primaloft Silver Thermoplume insulated jacket
- Stitch through baffles in main body
- Fully adjustable helmet-compatible roll-away hood with stiffened peak
- Articulated arms
- Weather resistant Barrier Lite RS ripstop nylon is highly wind resistant and features a DWR for protection in light showers
- Two insulated, zipped hand pockets
- External zipped chest pocket
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Full length 2-way YKK VISLON® front zip with internal storm flap
- Elasticated cuffs provide a snug and precise fit
- Right hand pocket doubles as stuffsack
- Outer Shell: Barrier Lite RS nylon ripstop with DWR
- Insulation: 180g (in a size M) of PrimaLoft® Silver ThermoPlume® 133g/m2 PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO in the hood and over the hips and shoulders
- Lining: PEAQ Down lining
- Outer Shell: Pertex Quantum 30D with DWR
- Insulation: 40g/m2 PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO insulation
- Lining: FEATHERLITE™ Mini Rip-stop 20D nylon
Weight 646g Brand Montane Gender Male
- Size Guide
Men's Chest Waist Inseam
Small 97cm 76cm 71.5cm 76.5cm 81.5cm Medium 102cm 81cm 74cm 79cm 84cm Large 107cm 86cm 76.5cm 81.5cm 86.5cm X Large 112cm 91cm 79cm 84cm 89cm XX Large 117cm 96cm 81.5cm 86.5cm 91.5cm Women's Bust Waist Hip Inseam
8 82-86cm 64-68cm 90-94cm 71cm 76cm 81cm 10 86-90cm 68-72cm 94-98cm 73.5cm 78.5cm 83.5cm 12 90-94cm 72-76cm 98-102cm 76cm 81cm 86cm 14 94-98cm 76-80cm 102-106cm 78.5cm 83.5cm 88.5cm 16 98-102cm 80-84cm 106-110cm 81cm 86cm 91cm
We try to keep the site updated with products that are in stock and despatch within 1-2 working days (Mon-Fri). Occasionally items ordered may be out of stock. If this should happen we will contact you to let you know when we will be able to despatch your order.
Please note that all deliveries are made between 08.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and may require a signature.
Orders are typically despatched with Royal Mail Tracked 48. Please note that this is a guideline only as a different delivery method may be used depending on the size/weight of your order – if you would like any more information on your delivery please contact us.
Click and Collect
At checkout, please enter your billing address as the shipping address, then choose Click and Collect as your Shipping Method. Click and Collect items are available to pick up Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays), one working day after your order is confirmed.
When your item is ready to collect, you will receive a confirmation email; please either bring a print out of this or show us the email on your phone. You will also need to bring a form of ID which shows the billing address for your order.
Please collect from the back door at the end of Outside's customer car park:
Next Day Delivery - £5.95 - this service has been suspended until further notice due to the Coronavirus crisis
Redirection of your order once despatched
We regret to say that we are unable to change the address or postcode on a parcel once it has been despatched. We therefore recommend that you check your delivery address and postcode carefully before completing the order as this will not be checked by us before despatch. We also recommend that orders are sent to an address where someone will be available all day to receive the parcel, e.g. a work address.
European and International Delivery
There may be delays to international deliveries due to the Coronoavirus crisis. Please see our update here for further information: Outside Update
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to European countries will cost £9.95.
- Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to other international destinations will cost £11.95.
Orders over 2kgs or bulky orders may be more expensive to post - we will contact you before we process your order if this is the case. The majority of our International orders are sent with Royal Mail's International Signed or Tracked services, which will then be passed to the postal service of your country for onward delivery.
We are happy to deliver most items to BFPO addresses. If your location means that your purchase is VAT-exempt, we are happy to deduct the VAT from your order before shipping. Please make sure that you include your BFPO number in the Postcode field on your order so we can verify the VAT-exemption.
When filling in your details on the website, please enter your card holder address as normal, and the delivery address in the following format:
First Name/Last Name
Address Line 1
Your appointment or unit
Your barracks or PO Box no.
Your BFPO no.
Choose BFPO if you are VAT-exempt, United Kingdom if you are not
Delivery is free to BFPO addresses, however we may be unable to ship certain items due to their size, weight or value. We will contact you if this is the case. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us.
Write Your Own Review